|Description:||Starts a camera that can be controlled via the keyboard.|
Listed are the default key assignments. To change the assignment, look up the respective action (in square brackets) in the Controls menu (e.g. Options->Controls->Buldozer controls).
- W: move forward [Buldozer move forward]
- S: move backward [Buldozer move back]
- A: move left [Buldozer move left]
- D: move right [Buldozer right]
- Q: move up [Helicopter increase thrust]
- Z: move down [Helicopter decrease thrust]
- Del: toggle floating mode (transition speed between movement changes)
- Shift+Movement key: faster camera movement
- +/- (NumPad): zoom in/out
- 8: tilt upward [Buldozer look up]
- 2: tilt downward [Buldozer look down]
- 4: rotate left [Buldozer look left]
- 6: rotate right [Buldozer look right]
- Spacebar: target object or position nearest to crosshair [Toggle weapons]; also / (NumPad)
- Targeted position is indicated with a yellow crosshair box.
- Targeted object is indicated with a red crosshair box.
- Moving objects will be tracked by camera.
- Once a target is active, the move left/right keys (A & D) will rotate the camera around the target
- Pressing any camera movement key will cancel object/ground tracking
- G: toggles a green-tinted grid overlay (V3.3+)
- H: toggles a hint box (for new camera options), shown in the upper left corner (V3.3+)
- I: toggle letterbox mode (V3.3+)
- L: toggle crosshair (and tracked target box) [Camera crosshair on/off] (has no effect in V1.40)
- M: brings up the map, with further functions (V3.3+)
- V: close camera (or right mouse button) (Always "V" in Version 1.x, in 2.x and higher it is whatever key is assigned to the "Toggle Optics" control; "V" by default.)
The current camera position/settings can be retrieved by pressing the fire button.
This will paste information like the one below into the clipboard (which can be copied into a script via <Ctrl>-V), and into the file clipboard.txt in the application folder (%localappdata%\VBS2).
This data can then be used in your own camera script.
_camera camPrepareTarget [2616.71,2530.47,0.00]
_camera camPreparePos [2524.14,2515.19,6.18]
_camera camPrepareFOV 0.700
_camera camCommitPrepared 0